Dr Fong Kah Leng graduated from the University of Glasgow. She has full registration with both the Singapore Medical Council and the General Medical Council (UK). She had practised obstetrics & gynaecology in the UK, Singapore and New Zealand. Dr Fong Kah Leng has a special interest in gynaecological cancers and colposcopy and diseases of the vulva and vagina. She received her postgraduate training in these areas in New Zealand. Currently, her area of work includes providing pregnancy care & delivery, colposcopy, vulvoscopy, investigations and treatment of pre-invasive cervical and vulvovaginal conditions and management of common gynaecological conditions such as ovarian cysts, endometriosis, uterine fibroids, menopause, family planning etc.
Before leaving Singapore General Hospital for the private sectors, Dr. Fong Kah Leng was actively involved in teaching. She was a member of the Clinical Physician Faculty, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Singhealth Residency Programme as well as Clinical Teacher and Examiner with the Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore. She was also involved as a trainer for the postgraduate MRCOG course.
Her higher degree (MD) was based on her research interests in cervical cancer screening. In addition, she has presented papers on pre-invasive conditions of the lower genital tract at numerous medical forums in Singapore and internationally as well as organised related scientific conferences. She was involved as a Principal Investigator for a Phase III trial on HPV vaccine. She was the Honorary Secretary of The Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology of Singapore (SCCPS) and holds membership of other relevant societies.
Honours & Awards
- Excellence Service Award (EXSA) Gold, 2009
- Singapore Health Quality Service Award (SHQSA), 2010
Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Member, Obstetrical & Gynaecological Society of Singapore
- Member and Honorary Secretary, The Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology of Singapore
- Member, British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (BSCCP)
- Member, Clinical Physician Faculty, Obstetric & Gynaecology, Singhealth Residency Programme
- Clinical Teacher and Examiner, Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore
- BSCCP Colposcopy Trainer
- Member, ISSVD
- Womens’ Problem (General Gynaecology)
- Menstrual Problems & Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Uterine Fibroids, Ovarian Cysts & Endometriosis
- Key hole Surgery (Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy)
- Ultrasound of female Organs
- Antenatal Care & Delivery Of Pregnant Women (Obstetrics)
- Lower genital Tract Cancer Screening & Prevention
- Women’s Health Screening