Dr Seah obtained his basic medical degree from the National University of Singapore. He was trained in plastic surgery at the Singapore General Hospital. He had further training in 1991 in microsurgical reconstruction at the Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipei on a Microsurgical Fellowship.
Dr Seah was awarded the Singapore Health Manpower Development Plan Fellowship in 1992/93 and underwent advanced training in plastic surgery at the Department of Plastic Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston and at the Harbourview Medical Center, Seattle. He was admitted as a Fellow in Plastic Surgery to the Academy of Medicine, Singapore in 1994. He was also accredited as a Specialist in Plastic Surgery by the Singapore Ministry of Health and by the Singapore Medical Council.
While serving in his capacity as Consultant Plastic Surgeon at the Singapore General Hospital, he took charge of the National Burns Center and played a key role in the set up of the skin culture laboratory as well as the intensive care beds and the operating theatre within the Burns Center in 1994. He was a key member of the team that provides microsurgical reconstruction for lower limb trauma, head and neck and jaw reconstruction.
Besides reconstructive surgery, Dr Seah has special interest in Aesthetic Surgery of the face and body. This include endoscopic as well as minimally invasive surgery. He also keeps abreast of non-invasive Aesthetic Medical treatments. He is particularly passionate about breast reconstruction following mastectomy for breast cancer as he was a key member of the team that pioneered breast reconstruction in Singapore in the 90s.
Dr Seah was the President of the Singapore Association of Plastic Surgeons in 2004-05. He was a Visiting Consultant to the Singapore General Hospital and had also held Visiting Consultant positions at the National Cancer Center, Changi General Hospital and Tan Tock Seng Hospital.
Dr Seah has published several papers in the Academy of Medicine Journal, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Journal and the Asian Journal of Surgery.
Honours & Awards
- Microsurgical Fellowship Award, 1991
- Singapore Health Manpower Development Plan Fellowship Award, 1992 / 93
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine (Plastic Surgery), Singapore
- Accredited as a Specialist in Plastic Surgery by the Singapore Ministry of Health and the Singapore Medical Council
- Former President, Singapore Association of Plastic Surgeons, 2004-05
- Visiting Consultant to the Singapore General Hospital
- Visiting Consultant position at the National Cancer Center Singapore, Changi General Hospital and Tan Tock Seng Hospital
Aesthetics Surgery of the Face
- Botox for Wrinkles & Face contouring
- Collagen/ Filler Injection
Aesthetics Surgery of the Body
- Brow lift
- Cheek Lift
- Chin Augmentation
- Double Eyelid Surgery
- Lower Eyebag Surgery
- Neck Lift
- Nose Surgery
- Mole Removal
- Removal of Eye Bags
- Abdominoplasty/ Tummy Tuck
- Breast Augmentation/ Reduction
- Breast Lift
- Burn, scars, Keloid Treatment
- Congenital Ear Reconstruction
- Facial Trauma & Fracture Fixation
- Breast Reconstruction with Implant/flap