In-Vitro Fertilisation (IVF)
Many consider Professor Ng the ‘Father’ of In-vitro fertilisation (IVF) in Asia, due to his success in starting the first IVF programme in Singapore and in delivering the first IVF baby in Asia in 1983. Since this landmark achievement, Prof. Ng has also pioneered techniques such as the sub-zona insemination (SUZI) technique in 1989 and the intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) technique in 1993. Both techniques have met with success and were the first of their type to be conducted in Asia (ICSI) and the world (SUZI).
With over 39 years of experience and high success rates in IVF, Prof Ng is the Father of IVF in Asia (1983) in IVF technology. We understand the difficulties and emotional struggles that can accompany infertility. We offer a comprehensive set of diagnosis and treatment options to help couples fulfil their dream of parenthood. We provide pre-conception counseling, and management of general and complex infertility issues and treatment using assisted reproductive techniques.
Our Center is highly equipped with an Operating Theatre for egg collection and embryos replacement and a Laboratory for assessment and preparation of oocytes, sperms and embryos as well as to perform a range of procedures such as Intrauterine Insemination (IUI), In-vitro Fertilisation (IVF), Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI), Blastocyst culture, freezing of eggs and embryos by vitrification, ovarian tissue cryo-preservation, and Testicular Sperm Extraction (TESE), among others.
Our expertise is complemented by a team of professionals comprising fertility specialists who are pioneers in Reproductive Medicine, embryologists, nurses and supporting staff who are trained in patient care and ensuring a comfortable experience and optimal outcome for couples seeking to overcome conception difficulties and realise the joy of parenthood.
- Oocyte Recovery
- In-Vitro Fertilisation (IVF)
- Intra-cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- Intra-cytoplasmic Morphologically-selected Sperm Injection (IMSI)
- Assisted Embryo Hatching
- Cleavage-stage Embryo Transfer
- Blastocyst Transfer
- Frozen Thaw Embryo Transfer
- Embryo Cryo-preservation
- Oocyte (eggs) Cryo-preservation
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
- Extended Cultre and Blastocyst Transfer
- In-vitro Maturation (IVM)
- Ovarian Tissue Cryo-preservation
- Laparoscopy and Hydro-tubation
- Hormone tests
- Ovarian Reserve Test
- Post Coital Tests
- Vaginal and abdominal ultrasound scanning
- Follicular Tracking
- Endometrial Assessment
- Ovulation Monitoring (BOM)
- Assisted Hatching
- Oocyte and Sperm Activation
- Pre-implantation Genetic Diagnosis
- Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI)
- Testicular Sperm Extraction Aspiration (TESE)
- Sperm Cryo-preservation
- Micro-Epididymal Sperm Aspiration (MESA)
- Blood Tests Most often, blood tests are done on the woman. These may include full Blood Count, Blood Group And Rhesus Factor, Rubella IgG, FSH, LH, Estrogen, Prolactin Thyroid Function Test, HIV, Hepatitis B, Syphillis.
- Hormonal Testing This is done to check the levels of ovulatory hormones as well as thyroid and pituitary hormones.
- Anti-Mullerian Hormone (AMH) Testing AMH is a substance produced in the ovarian follicles. By measuring the levels of AMH, the doctor will be able to know the size of the ovarian reserve or the number of egg supply. Women with higher AMH values will tend to have better response to ovarian stimulation for IVF and have more eggs retrieved.
- Pelvic Ultrasound This may be done to look for uterine or fallopian tube disease.
- Hysteroscopy or HSG This may be ordered to inspect the uterine cavity.
- Laparoscopy This procedure involves making a small incision beneath the navel and inserting a thin viewing device to examine your fallopian tubes, ovaries and uterus. The most common problems identified by laparoscopy are endometriosis and scarring, blockages or irregularities of the fallopian tubes and uterus. The procedure is performed under general anaesthesia and generally done on an outpatient basis.
- Egg (Under Medical Condition)
- Ovarian Tissue
- Gamete Donation (Non – Commercial)