IN-VITRO FERTILISATION (IVF)
Sincere Healthcare Group offers a wide range of Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) treatments in Singapore. As an expert in diagnosing, treating, and supporting couples with fertility issues, we are accredited by the Fertility Society of Australia’s Reproductive Technology Accreditation (RTAC) and a licensed assisted reproduction center by the Singapore Ministry of Health.
Sincere IVF Center is equipped with an operating theatre for egg collection and embryos replacement and an embryology laboratory for assessment and preparation of oocytes, sperms and embryos as well as to perform a range of procedures such as Intrauterine Insemination (IUI), In-vitro Fertilisation (IVF), Intra-Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI), blastocyst culture, freezing of eggs and embryos by vitrification, ovarian tissue cryo-preservation and Testicular Sperm Extraction (TESE), among others.
A team of fertility specialists, embryologists, andrologists, nurses, and support staff trained in patient care complements our expertise to provide a comfortable patient experience and assist couples struggling with conception to achieve parenthood.
- The female partner will be provided with medication to stimulate hormone production, such as injections of Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH) to help the ovaries produce more eggs than usual
- The doctor will monitor follicle growth to complete maturation of developing eggs and start the ovulation process
- During this period, regular blood tests and ultrasounds will be carried out to determine the best time to collect the eggs
- The eggs will be collected in day surgery; the procedure usually lasts around 30 minutes
- The male partner will also be required to provide a semen (sperm) sample to fertilise the eggs
- Once the eggs and sperm are collected, they are transferred to a laboratory and the sperm is either mixed with the egg or directly injected into the egg
- The sperm and egg are placed in an incubator and monitored to ensure that a healthy embryo develops
- The best quality developed embryos (also known as blastocysts) are transferred into the female partner’s uterus
- After the blastocyst transfer, a urine or serum test will be conducted to determine if there is a pregnancy
- If the test shows a positive result, a foetal viability scan may be performed after a few weeks to confirm the successful pregnancy
For married couples who are having problems conceiving, the cause of infertility is sperm-related. ICSI is the most common and successful treatment for male infertility. In intra-Cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), a single healthy sperm is injected directly into each mature egg. ICSI is often used when semen quality or number is a problem or if fertilisation attempts during prior In-vitro fertilisation (IVF) cycles failed.
In Singapore, IVF treatment is only available for married couples. It is recommended to seek help from a fertility specialist if you have been trying for 12 months (or 6 months if you are over 35 years old), or married couples with any of the conditions shown below:
- Having an irregular menses
- Reduced fertility in women age 40 & above
- Blocked fallopian tubes or irreparably damaged
- Unexplained infertility
- Uterine fibroids
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) or ovarian conditions
- Male infertility, such as low sperm count or other sperm impairments
- Problems with uterus
- Risk of passing on a genetic disease or disorder
- Low sperm count
- Sperm being blocked from release
- Abnormal sperm / Poor sperm quality
- Testicular damage resulting in an inability of the testicle to produce sperm
- “Unexplained” infertility
|IVF cycle||Medisave limit|
|3rd & subsequent||$4,000|
Sincere IVF Center, we have qualified counsellors to support you throughout your fertility journey. Our clinician will explain and discuss the procedure with you. Questions that you have about the treatment can also be raised during the session. A written consent for IVF/ICSI and cryopreservation/thawing of the embryos is also obtained.
You will also need a separate session by our IVF counsellor on the emotional and physical demands of undergoing the treatment programme and dealing with disappointments of failed attempts.
OUR COUNSELLING FOCUS ON:
- Preparing for fertility treatment and implications of treatment
- Providing you with emotional support before, during or after fertility treatment
- Impact that infertility and treatment may have on your life and your relationships with other people
- Coping with stress and maintaining an emotional balance as a couple
- Understanding how to provide emotional support to your spouse, throughout the fertility treatment journey