Graduate Diploma in Acupuncture (Singapore)
Dr James Lee earned his medical degree at the National University of Singapore. He advanced his training in Obstetrics & Gynaecology in the United Kingdom. In 2004, he obtained his subspecialty training in urogynaecology and pelvic floor reconstructive surgery at the St George’s Medical School Hospital in London, under the guidance of Professor Stuart Stanton and Dr Michelle Fynes.
Dr Lee excels in managing women who suffer from disorders of the lower urinary tract and the pelvic floor. Besides urodynamic evaluation of the urogenital tract, pelvic reconstructive surgery and vaginal surgery, his other interests also include laparoscopic surgery, male and female sexual dysfunction.
Dr Lee is a member of the International Urogynaecology Association, the International Continence Society, and the International Society of Sexual Medicine. He was the past president of the Society for the Study of Andrology & Sexology, Singapore (SSASS) and continues to be an active executive committee member.
Dr Lee also holds a graduate diploma in acupuncture awarded by the College of TCM Singapore and the Beijing TCM University.
Prior to setting up his private practice, Dr Lee was consultant at the National University Hospital (NUH), where he took charge of the urogynaecological service in the Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology between 2005 and 2010.
At NUH, he was involved in the teaching of medical students and training of junior doctors and specialist trainees in areas of general obstetrics and gynaecology, and pelvic floor medicine and surgery. He received several Star Awards for his excellent patient care during his decade of service at the NUH. His clinical interest includes Urogynaecology, Vaginal & Endoscopic Surgery.
Honours & Awards
- 2006 April CPIP, National Healthcare Group
- 2006 Star Award, National University Hospital
- 2005 HMDP, National Healthcare Group
- 2004 Star Award, National University Hospital
General Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- 2008 to date Member, Advisory Board, Asian-Oceania Federation of Sexology
- 2005 to date Member, Society for the Study of Sexology & Andrology, Singapore
- 2003 to date Member, International Continence Society
- 2003 to date Member, International Urogynaecology Association
- 2001 to 2007 Member, Obstetrical and Gynaecological Society of Singapore
- 1999 British Society of Colposcopist and Cervical Pathologists
- 1989 Singapore Medical Association
- Pelvic Floor Medicine & Surgery
- Vaginal & Endoscopic Surgery
- Robot-Assisted Pelvic Surgery
- Vaginal Laser Therapy