Dr Wong is a certified specialist colorectal and general surgeon. He obtained his basic medical degree from the National University of Singapore Faculty of Medicine in 1993. Since graduation, he has worked and trained in the largest and busiest Tertiary Hospitals in Singapore, including National University Hospital and Singapore General Hospital.
He obtained his Fellowship with the Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh in 1999, and was accepted in the internationally renowned Department of Colorectal Surgery in Singapore General Hospital as a surgical trainee. He was granted two overseas training awards : one in the United Kingdom at the busy Royal Infirmary in Yorkshire, and another at the Weill-Cornell Medical College in New York, USA. He qualified as a fully trained laparoscopic colorectal surgeon in 2003.
Dr Wong’s specialist interest is in colorectal cancers. Beyond colonoscopy screening for early colorectal cancer, he also performs Minimally Invasive Surgery for excellent surgical outcome. He offers the latest and most advanced techniques in management of benign colorectal diseases like haemorrhoids and fistulae. He also performs standard general surgical operations like laparoscopic gallbladder and hernia surgery.
Dr Wong is also a faculty member of the Asian Endosurgery Task Force, where he helps train the next generation of laparoscopic surgeons.
Dr Wong is based at Mount Elizabeth Medical Center in Orchard Road. He is also accredited in Mount Elizabeth Hospital at Novena, Mount Alvernia Hospital and various other Day Surgery Facilities.
Honours & Awards
- First Prize in Poster Section, New York Society of Colon & Rectal Surgeons meeting held on March 31, 2005. "Laparoscopic vs Hand Assisted Laparoscopic Sigmoidectomy for Diverticulitis".
General & Colorectal Surgery
- Singapore Medical Association (since 1994)
- Singapore Society of Colorectal Surgeons (since 2006)
- Clinical Teacher in Surgery, National University of Singapore.
- Faculty Member of Asia Endoscopic Task Force, Laparoscopic Colorectal Workshop
- Member, Editorial Board, International Seminars in Surgical Oncology.
- Early GI Cancer Detection – Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy
- Endoscopic Excision of Colonic Polyps
- Advanced Surgical Therapy for Hemorrhoidal Diseases
- Laparoscopic Colorectal Cancer Surgery
- Management of Complex Colorectal Conditions
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder and Hernia Surgery
- Skin Lumps and Cysts