Dr. Ho Siew Hong graduated from the National University of Singapore in 1993 and completed his advanced urology specialty training before obtaining his fellowships in surgery from the Royal Colleges of Surgeons of Edinburgh and Glasgow as well as the International College of Surgeons. He spent a year in Westmead Hospital, Sydney, Australia, undergoing a fellowship in endourology and laparoscopy.
In pursuit of his interest in advanced laparoscopy, Dr Ho underwent further training in extraperitoneal laparoscopic radical prostatectomy at the Institut Mutualiste Montsouris, Paris, France.
Dr. Ho is active in research and teaching, having numerous presentations and publications in regional and international peer-reviewed journals. He is a reviewer for the Indian Journal of Urology. Dr. Ho is also a clinical teacher and examiner for National University of Singapore, Nanyang Polytechnic and Edith Cowan University, Western Australia (off-campus). He has lectured and performed live-surgical workshops in many countries in Asia. Dr. Ho has trained many urologists from Indonesia, Myanmar, Philippines and India under the Singapore Urological Association fellowship program. He founded the Singapore Prostate Cancer Support Group for patients with prostate cancer.
Honours & Awards
- Fellowship in Laparoscopy and Endourology, Westmead Hospital, Sydney Australia
- Life Member, Singapore Urological Association
- Founding & Life Member, Society for Men’s Health
- Life Member, Society for Continence (Singapore)
- Member, Executive Committee, Singapore Section, International College of Surgeons
- Clinical Lecturer and Examiner, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore
- Lecturer, School of Health Sciences, Nanyang Polytechnic
- Lecturer, Graduate Diploma of Men’s Health and Andrology, Edith Cowan University
- Minimally Invasive (Laparoscopy) Surgery
- Robotic Surgery
- Endourology & Laser Surgery
- Urology Oncology (Cancer)
- Andrology & Male Subfertility
- Prostate Diseases
- Kidney & Urinary Stone Diseases
- Reconstructive Urology